Re: st: ZOIB procedure

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: ZOIB procedure
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:58:21 +0200

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Prerna S wrote:
> With respect to dirifit, I
> interpreted it as being similar to betafit in that it does not handle
> '0' and '1' very well.

-dirifit- handles zeros and ones in the same way as -betafit-, whether
that is well or not well depends on your problem.

> Both dirifit and fmlogit, moreover, do not
> handle the sample selection problem like zoib.

That depends on what you think the sample selection problem is in your
case. In general I would not think of -zoib- as a solution for a
sample selection problem, as that typically implies a correlation
between the errors of the selection equation and the main equation and
no such correlation is implied or estimated in -zoib-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen