Re: st: Regression Equation in ZINB regression

From   Partho Sarkar <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Equation in ZINB regression
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:43:52 +0530

Hi Rachel

Just to clarify: in order to actually get the "regression equation",
by which I assume you mean something like

yhat=12.56+2.6*x1+0.34*x2 ,

you do need to reconstruct the equation form the output displayed (as
exemplified by Anees's results).  You could see this page for an
example: http://dss.princeton.edu/online_help/analysis/interpreting_regression.htm
.

With a little more programming effort, this process could be automated
using e-class macros etc.  (There is very probably a user-written
program to do this somewhere out there- -estadd- from here
http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/ might help partly, and you can
search the rich REPEC archives).

(In this sense Stata may not be as "user friendly" as Minitab or even
some more ambitious  other packages, which helpfully report the exact
"prediction equation" in the form you might want, but then it can do
so much more besides!)

Hope this helps

Partho