st: ZOIB procedure

From   Prerna S <>
Subject   st: ZOIB procedure
Date   Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:51:07 -0400

Dear Statalisters,

I am using zoib (Stata 11.2) to estimate 2 proportions. I have 3 questions.

1. The model that I am attempting to estimate looks like the following.

p1 = a1 + a2X + e1
p2 = b1 + b2X + e2

where pi is the proportion of income from source i.

Is there any procedure that approximates an SUR for zoib that I can
use? I tried the suest option but it does not offer a test statistic
and the results under suest appear to be the same as without suest. I
am unsure if this implies that SUR does not matter or if I missed

2.  Wooldridge (2002) suggests using Smith-Blundell/Rivers Vuong
method that for dealing with endogeneity with respect to fractional
logit and tobit. Is this for some reason unsuitable for zoib?

3.  I would like to investigate the usual problems like
multicollinearity, heteroscedasticity, non-normality. Is there a
resource that I might refer to for regression diagnostics for zoib?

Thank you for you time.

Prerna Marui