st: RE: Fwd: HELP!!!! Stata do-file

From   DE SOUZA Eric <eric.de_souza@coleurope.eu>
Subject   st: RE: Fwd: HELP!!!! Stata do-file
Date   Sun, 18 Sep 2011 21:09:44 +0200

A Stata do-file is a simple text file. Have you tried opening it in Notepad (if you are using Windows) or any simple text editor?
Which programme is giving you NUL?

Eric de Souza
College of Europe
Brugge (Bruges), Belgium
http://www.coleurope.eu

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Lan Zhang
Sent: 18 September 2011 20:34
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Fwd: HELP!!!! Stata do-file

HELP.............

I didn't do anything to the existing do-files that I created and used for a long time. But after last using and saving the changes I made, I re-opened it this time and it gives me a whole bunch of 'NUL'. I can't see the original codes. All I could see are NULs.  The file size stays the same but all the codes are displayed in 'nul'. Two of my do-files are like this. Are they damaged? Is there a way of recovery?

Thanks so much!!!