Re: st: Assistance regarding a maximum likelihood model

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Assistance regarding a maximum likelihood model
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:14:28 +0200

--- On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 11:55 PM, wrote:
> I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly.

The best way to respond is to do it through statalist, as is discussed
here: <>.

> I'm wondering your experience with the fmm? I've had some difficulties using it and the help files aren't very elaborate. I probably need to specify my initial values, but it sometimes asks for a matrix as large as 80. Is there anywhere I can get further help on this?

I have only thought about using -fmm- for a problem and in the process
read a bit on that model, but I ended up not using it. So I cannot
really help you with that. If you have a concrete question about how
to use -fmm- you can either ask it to the Statalist or contact the
author of -fmm- directly.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie