st: RE: RESET with fixed effects

From   "Schaffer, Mark E" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RESET with fixed effects
Date   Wed, 14 Sep 2011 18:48:06 +0100

I would stick with my original suggestion in the Statalist post you are
pointing to, i.e., apply the within-transformation to the data and then
do a RESET test in the usual way.

One rationale is the one you are pointing to (which would apply for any
large-N asymptotics) - the estimated FEs are inconsistent.

The other is the interpretation I've just offered in response to your
other question.  The FE estimator is a kind of GLS estimator, and you're
working with GLS-transformed data.  If you're not sure about this
particular GLS transform (i.e., the within-transformation), though, you
could investigate that first.

registered under charity number SC000278.