st: Normal Distribution

From   Arman Eshaghi <>
Subject   st: Normal Distribution
Date   Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:39:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

I have a question concerning normal distribution and normal plots. I have a= sample of 250 subjects with some psychological scores that are not normall= y distributed. With scaled score conversion and cumulative distribution fun= ction I tried to approximate the distribution to normal distribution. Howev= er, kolmogorov-smirnov test is still significant which refutes the normalit= y. Q-Q plots on the other hand show promising results for scaled scores. Do= es my data considered normally distributed in this case? My goal is to use = these scores in discriminant analysis which presumes the data has a multiva=
riate normal distribution.=20

All the best,