RE: st: Collecting ttest results using parmby, factext, metaparm

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Collecting ttest results using parmby, factext, metaparm
Date   Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:58:09 +0100

I tried pasting this in and changing the version, but I do not get any output at the finish - i.e. a graph - I tried the -eclplot- example in the help page and it works ok:

**BEGIN EXAMPLE**

#delim
version 11.2
 sysuse auto, clear
 global tflist ""
 global modseq=0
 tempfile temp1
 descsave foreign, do(`"`temp1'"', replace)
 foreach X of var weight length {
 local Xlab: var lab `X'
 global modseq=$modseq+1
 tempfile tf$modseq
 ttest `X', by(foreign)
 parmby "regress `X' ibn.foreign, noconst",
 format(estimate min* max* %8.2f p %-8.2g) idstr("`Xlab'")
 saving(`"`tf$modseq'"',replace) flist(tflist)
 }
 clear
 append using $tflist
 sencode idstr, gene(outcome)
 lab var outcome "Outcome"
 fvregen, do(`"`temp1'"')
 drop idstr
 keyby outcome foreign
 desc
 list, abbr(32) noobs sepby(outcome)
 metaparm [iwei=!foreign-foreign], dfcombine(constant) by(outcome) norestore
 list, abbr(32) sepby(outcome)
 eclplot estimate min* max* outcome, hori
  estopts(msize(4)) ciopts(msize(5))
  yscale(range(0 3)) ylab(1 2) xline(0) xtitle("Difference (95% CI)")

**END EXAMPLE