st: Re: executing commands on exit

From   A. Berâ <>
Subject   st: Re: executing commands on exit
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:11:11 +0300

an additional question is, when I put the following lines in, I don't see a message on Stata screen about the time log
file was opened etc. The log file is created but without date time and
directory info.

.cd "D:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\work"

.log using temp.log, name(temp) replace

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 3:54 PM, A. Berâ <> wrote:
> Dear Stata Users,
>    How can I make Stata open a log file (with a name say temp)
> automatically when it starts and close it automatically when I exit
> Stata?
> I know I can put
> .log using temp.log, name(temp)
> in, but I don't know how to close it automatically when I
> exit Stata. Thanks.
> --
> abdullah berâ

abdullah berâ