Re: st: bootstrap weights

From   Bryan Sayer <>
Subject   Re: st: bootstrap weights
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:23:57 -0400

If you REALLY do not have the stratum/psu information (as opposed to someone just leaving it off your file), then you can create a stratum=1 for everyone, and every observation is a single PSU, which you can generate using the observation number.

However, if your observations are people (rather than households) I would guess that at a minimum households are the PSU. So I would check further that perhaps the information exists, but for some reason you don't have it.

Then use -svy bootstrap

Bryan Sayer
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 5:00
Phone: (614) 442-7369