Re: st: ddens option for McCrary density test in Nichols' rd command

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: ddens option for McCrary density test in Nichols' rd command
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:33:26 +0100

The help file for -rd- (SSC; please explain provenance!!!) says

ddens requests a computation of a discontinuity in the density of Z.  This is
    computed in a relatively ad hoc way, and should be redone using McCrary's
    test described at http://www.econ.berkeley.edu/~jmccrary/DCdensity/.

I read that as clearly stating that this option does not implement
McCrary's test.

Nick