st: A loop for each couple of variables (instead of for each variable)

From   Fabien Bertho <>
Subject   st: A loop for each couple of variables (instead of for each variable)
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:53:40 +0200 (CEST)

I created a loop in order to estimate various specifications of my model

foreach variables in ""var_1 var_2 {
reg dep_var control_var `variables&#8217;

Now, I would like to run this loop not for two variables but for two locals that comprises two variables. I tried the following code.

local local_1 &#8220;var_1 var_2&#8221;
local local_2 &#8220;var_3 var_4&#8221;
foreach local_variables in ""`local_1&#8217; ` var_2&#8217; {
reg dep_var control_var `local_variables&#8217;

But it does not work because during the loop Stata splits my local into two variables&#8230;
Do you think that it is possible to estimate a loop for each couple of variables instead of for each variable? How can I do this?

Thank you.

Tous les courriers électroniques émis depuis la messagerie
de Sciences Po doivent respecter des conditions d'usages.
Pour les consulter rendez-vous sur