st: application of post-estimation commands

From   mcross@exemail.com.au
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: application of post-estimation commands
Date   Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:55:00 +1000

* Hi,

* I'm a beginner using Stata 8.1.

* Regarding the following -

sysuse auto, clear

gen wtsq = weight^2

regress mpg weight wtsq

predict mpghat

twoway (scatter mpg weight) (line mpghat weight, sort)

* Let's say I'm happy with the above fitted model.

* In future, how can I predict mpg as a function

* of weight using the same equation from above?

* In other words, I want to save the above

* function and use it in different .dta files.

* Cheers,

* Mike.