Re: st: Year Fixed Effect Interpretation

Subject   Re: st: Year Fixed Effect Interpretation
Date   Thu, 8 Sep 2011 08:02:35 -0400

Vinod <[email protected]> :
Simply add year as a regressor to measure the average trend; the year
dummies then measure deviations from trend, and some number of them
will be dropped, depending on what is need to avoid perfect
collinearity.  If you have another regressor that exhibits a perfectly
linear trend (e.g. because it is constructed as a linear interpolation
across two points) then the regression is not estimable, in theory or
practice.