Re: st: Stata mapping: possibilities of dta2shp?

From   Gordon Hughes <G.A.Hughes@ed.ac.uk>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Stata mapping: possibilities of dta2shp?
Date   Wed, 07 Sep 2011 13:31:05 +0100

Yes there is a way of performing this task, though it is not specific to Stata.

Transfer your dataset to a csv file. Then look for an open source stand-alone program called CSVtoSHP which will perform the transformation. This program is also available as a plug-in to the MapWindow GIS program - also open source. In MapWindow you need to ensure that the CSV to Shapefile Converter under the Plug-ins menu is active. Then you will find the plugin available for use under the Converters menu.

Regards

Gordon Hughes
g.a.hughes@ed.ac.uk

==================================

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:29:08 +0300
From: Taavi Lai <taavi.lai@googlemail.com>
Subject: st: Stata mapping: possibilities of dta2shp?

Dear Statalist,

Long time ago I've converted my country shapefile into Stata format.
I've kept these Stata format boundary files updated with municipality
mergers and other changes that have been going on.
However, now I need an up to date shapefile - is there a way to convert
my Stata files into shp format?

Best wishes,
Taavi

- ----