Re: st: Conditional quantiles graph -- a question for Nick Cox and Maarten Buis

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Conditional quantiles graph -- a question for Nick Cox and Maarten Buis
Date   Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:48:48 +0100

Thanks for your interest.

The graphics is just standard -line- calls. The calculations are just
plugging into the conditional quantile function. I don't think I did
it using any canned program, published or unpublished. It was all very
ad hoc. The problem was made easier by the fact that there was only
one predictor, the discharge of the stream, so there is no question of
what precisely you do with the other predictors. This won't match many
other problems, but it reflects the precise scientific problem being
discussed.

I guess it would all be much easier with Stata 12, but the original
work was done nearly 10 years ago.

I'll look for the .do file, but I doubt it differs in spirit from the
description above.

Nick