Re: st: Stata 12 for Mac- "Pin" the .do file editor?

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 12 for Mac- "Pin" the .do file editor?
Date   Sun, 4 Sep 2011 23:14:47 -0400

--
You are asking Stata to not reveal all of the main window if it overlaps  the do-file editor window.  But the current behavior is standard Mac windowing behavior: clicking into a window brings it to the front and gives it focus.  In fact, what you ask would be self-defeating. If the do-file editor partly overlapped the variables pane (or review pane) but wouldn't go behind them, how would you access the the part of the pane that is hidden?

The solution to your problem is to separate the windows. Use SizeUp or one of the other window arrangers available at MacUpdate.

Steve