Re: st: Fwd: Questions

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Fwd: Questions
Date   Sun, 4 Sep 2011 18:52:04 +0100

See also

The analysis as conducted seems contradictory in its approach. If the
errors are heteroscedastic, their marginal distribution is not
expected to be a single Gaussian distribution. However, getting the
functional form right is much more important than getting the marginal
distribution of errors right.

A more modern approach, as in the blog entry just mentioned, is to use
a log link rather than a log transform and thus to use -poisson- or
some similar -glm-.