st: on converting dates in stata

From   "rado645-bg@yahoo.de" <rado645-bg@yahoo.de>
Subject   st: on converting dates in stata
Date   Sat, 3 Sep 2011 21:24:42 +0100 (BST)

Dear all,

I have monthly dates in excel in the following form:

200601
200602
200603
200604

I upload it in Stata and it appears numeric. I have tried a few options with the date command - but I was unsuccessful in converting the variable in the correct formt (mmyyy).

Could you help me on that?

Many thanks,
Rado