Re: st: Package -ghansen- now available in SSC

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, "statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st: Package -ghansen- now available in SSC
Date   Fri, 02 Sep 2011 09:42:55 -0500

At 08:33 AM 9/2/2011, Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez wrote:
Thank you Nick and Muhammad for helping me to identify this bug in the
code. I developed the command in Stata 12, and tested it on both 11
and 12, but I was not aware on this change in the behavior of st_data
across versions.

According to Muhammad, the fix suggested by Nick is not working.
Unfortunately, I don't have access to a machine with Stata 10 or 9
right now, so I can not confirm this right away. Once I get my hands
on a machine with Stata 10 or 9, I will confirm whether the update
works and publish an update.

Users of versions 11 and 12 should be fine,

As a sidelight, I find it very easy to keep old versions of Stata around; I have everything from v. 7 on up. When I got a new computer, I just copied the Stata program directories on to my new machine; I didn't have to re-install them. Having old versions around is handy for making sure programs still run once you tweak them. Even better, I like having the old help files around, as they provide documentation for commands that are being run under version control.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam