st: Using cdeco with frequency weights

From   Phumzile Ncube <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Using cdeco with frequency weights
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2011 13:47:55 +0200

Dear Statalist users,

I am estimating gender wage gaps using quantile regression and would
like to decompose these gaps into components explained by
characteristics and coefficients. In order to do this I downloaded the
-rqdeco- command. However, I realised that I can only use this with
sample weights and not frequency weights (which are the only ones
available on the dataset that I am using). I then decided to use
-cdeco-  which, according to the help file, does allow for frequency
weights. When I ran -cdeco- I got the following error:

fweight not allowed
end of do-file

Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what did you do to
resolve it?

Phumzile Ncube