Re: st: Aesthetic Question by Graph

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Aesthetic Question by Graph
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:38:27 +0200

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Toby wrote:
>Typically, I create such graphs for two subsets of my
> data set. When I create such things the subtitles of both parts of the
> graphs appear in two grey boxes. And here comes the thing: They are
> centered horizontally, but vertically not.

*--------------------- begin example ---------------------
sysuse auto, clear
scatter price mpg, by(foreign) scheme(s1color) ///
            subtitle(, alignment(middle))  // <-- the magic trick
(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen