Re: st: Package -ghansen- now available in SSC

From   Muhammad Anees <>
Subject   Re: st: Package -ghansen- now available in SSC
Date   Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:34:53 +0500

Thanks for your nice work, Baum and Pérez, facilitating to estimate
the Gregory and Hansen (1996) cointegration, which is most desirable
in a few cases.

I have came up with a small query using the -ghensen- routine just
after installing it. I think it is related to mata type but I am
unable to sort out the issue.

I have the following time series data, which is already -tsset-ed

. des  c y z e t

              storage  display     value
variable name   type   format      label      variable label
c               float  %9.0g
y               float  %9.0g
z               float  %9.0g
e               float  %9.0g
t               float  %9.0g

and the application of -gehansen results in below

ghansen  c y z e t, break(level) lagmethod(aic) maxlags(5)
variable y z e t not found
               st_data():  3500  invalid Stata variable name
                  main():     -  function returned error
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error

I would be thankful for helping me in my case.