Re: st: How do I rebaseline financial data to a new year

Subject   Re: st: How do I rebaseline financial data to a new year
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:30:15 -0400

Art Gibb <agibb@email.unc.edu>:
There is -cpigen- on SSC which I note is sadly out of date--I will
update it shortly.
You can also do:

ssc inst freduse
mata mata mlib index
freduse CPIAUCNS, clear
su CPIAUCNS if year(daten)==2000
g cpi2000=CPIAUCNS/r(mean)
su cpi2000 if year(daten)==2009

to find that the CPI-U was 1.245859 times higher in 2009 than in 2000.