Re: st: Conformability error in Inteff.

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Conformability error in Inteff.
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 12:56:45 +0200

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 12:42 PM, natasha agarwal wrote:
> I am trying to estimate the following probit model
> probit expdum fdi efd fdi*efd
> inteff expdum fdi efd fdi*efd
> conformability error
> r(503);
> expdum= is export dummy of firm i at time t
> FDI is value of FDI at region r at time t
> efd is financial dependence of industry i
> The interaction term is a continuous interaction term
> Can anyone please explain me how to over the problem so that I can
> calculate the average partial effects of the continuous interaction
> term?

The problem may be in the scale of FDI. Try to rescale it such that
the coefficient has a reasonable size (somewhere between 0.1 and 10).
So don't add FDI in euros or dollars, but in millions or trillions of
dollars (i.e. divide FDI in euros or dollars by a million or a

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen