Re: st: mm_root arguments limitation issue

Subject   Re: st: mm_root arguments limitation issue
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2011 10:14:36 +0200

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 7:38 AM, dai_yunhao wrote:
> I'm a new user of stata, and  facing the problem about the mm_root arguments
> limitation issue.
> I try to find the source code of  mm_root and copy the code to a new file,
> for the issue, I change the first line of the source code
>  local opts "o1, o2, o3, o4, o5, o6, o7, o8, o9, o10 "
>  local opts "o1, o2, o3, o4, o5, o6, o7, o8, o9,
> o10,o11,o12,o13,o14,o15,o16,o17,o18,o19,o20,o21,o22,o23,o24,o25,o26,o27,o28,o29,o30"
>
> My question is :
> 1 Do I correctly change the code?
> 2 Which format should I save the new file to ? Should I click the menu
> file-->save as-->filename.ado?

You are now programming in Mata. There are no shortcuts when
programming (there are, but in the end you'll waste more time when you
try to apply them). So you'll just need to read through the basics of
how to program in Mata. A good starting point is type in Stata -help
m1_intro-. Also see:
<http://repec.org/usug2010/UKSUG10.missingmanual.pdf>.

Hope this helps,
Maarten