Re: st: How to start a bar graph with a minimum other than 0

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: How to start a bar graph with a minimum other than 0
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:20:42 +0100

On 2011 Lún 31, at 15:24, Andrew Hsiao wrote:

> I was trying to create a bar graph with a set of group means. The differences between the groups are not big numerically but I'd like to highlight the differences. I want to  plot the bars at a value other than 0 (not meant to mislead but to make the point of where they differ).

Then try cheating.

1. Subtract a constant value from each mean (looking at your data, you might subtract 70)

2. On the plot, use bogus labels

ylabel(0 "70" 5 "75" 10 "80" 15 "85 20 "90", angle(0))

Ronán Conroy
Associate Professor
Division of Population Health Sciences
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland