Re: st: Programming examples available

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Programming examples available
Date   Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:50:19 +0100

I can see that; thanks.

Glancing at the content, I see at least two examples of

gen id = 0
replace id=_n+4

The two-step is needless. You can clearly go -gen id = _n + 4- directly.

--- and Stata can now read Excel files!