Re: st: sampsi and percentages

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sampsi and percentages
Date   Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:08:11 +0100

Sure. I was partly in jest, but as a scientist I never feel
constrained by the particular units in which data arrive, especially
if they are not even metric units, let alone natural. Your example
remains units-dependent in that numerator and denominator have quite
different units. Not important unless this is also true of your real
example.

The best way forward for you is likely to be not looking for a canned
approach but simulating datasets of different sizes under plausible
generating processes and seeing what is or is not detectable.

Nick