re: st: sampsi and percentages

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: sampsi and percentages
Date   Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:51:05 -0400

Ricardo,

I may be mistaken here, but it seems you have two proportions (if it's
bounded between 0,1 then you have a numerator and a denominator for each
group).

If that is truly the case, you can use sampsi for proportions:

. sampsi 0.25 0.4

Estimated sample size for two-sample comparison of proportions

Test Ho: p1 = p2, where p1 is the proportion in population 1
                    and p2 is the proportion in population 2
Assumptions:

         alpha =   0.0500  (two-sided)
         power =   0.9000
            p1 =   0.2500