st: large coefficients in logistic regression

From   Sabrina Helmut <vitamint@hotmail.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: large coefficients in logistic regression
Date   Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:27:37 +0200

Dear all,

I have a general question regarding large coefficients in logistic regression. Is it possible that the estimated coefficients for a specific variable in logistic regression is highly dependent on the dimension of this variable. So, in my case the independent variable ranges from -0.0009 and 0.1197 which results in a coefficient from logistic regression that is 48.5. To my knowledge, such large coefficients are uncommon for logistic regression. So, do you think this is just due to these very small values for my dependent variable and thus not a problem for my results? Thanks