st: Question about file...could not be opened

From   "Gundersen, Craig" <cggunder@illinois.edu>
Subject   st: Question about file...could not be opened
Date   Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:16:29 +0000

I'm using Stata/SE 11.2 and I'm having a problem when I'm saving multiple files within a .do file at different points.  I consistently get messages which say "file...could not be opened r(603)".  Which point in the .do file this occurs seems random - in other words, it is not always the same save command which causes the program to stop.

This is not a case where, say, the folder isn't correctly specified or something like that.  In fact, if I run the .do file over and over, eventually it gets to the end and this error does not appear.

This never used to happen to me.  I suspect that this is happening because I'm using Windows Live Mesh to sync across computers but I don't know for certain.

Does this happen to anyone else?  If so, have you found a solution to the problem?

In advance, I thank everyone for considering this question and possible solutions.

Sincerely,

Craig.

Craig Gundersen

Professor, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
Executive Director, National Soybean Research Laboratory

University of Illinois
324 Mumford Hall
1301 West Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801-3605