RE: st: quasi-complete separation

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: quasi-complete separation
Date   Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:43:45 -0500

At 11:01 AM 8/28/2011, Sabrina Helmut wrote:
Nick,
thanks! You are right, logit works but the coefficient for the concerned variable is extremely high (48.5..) I will need an explanation for this. So, do you think my example shows quasi-complete separation which could be an explanation for the high coefficient?

Sabrina, you might want to check out Stata's -exlogistic- command.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam