re st: sample size ?

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re st: sample size ?
Date   Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:28:57 -0400

Your subject title has nothing to do with your question. You are asking
about treatment assignment, not calculating sample size or power (which
these two programs you listed do).

If you are interested in random allocation, I suggest you consider -ralloc-,
a tremendously useful program written by Philip Ryan (findit -ralloc-). This
program will allow you to allocate subjects in the ratio you desire. You can
use this for the purpose of single treatment, cross-over or switchback
designs.

I hope this helps

Ariel

Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 00:11:08 -0500
From: amir gahremanpour <[email protected]>
Subject: st: sample size ?

Dear statalisters

How do I use stata to randomize the subjects to more than two groups for
repeated measures but in a way that I assign two subjects to treatment group
and one to control. For example treatment A 20 subjects, Treatment B 20 and
control 10 subjects with 4 follow up time points. I am not sure if  sampsi
or fpower can handle it.

many thanks