FW: st: Identify a Panel Structure with Incoherent ID and NAME Variable

From   田曦 <txsnowsea@hotmail.com>
To   STATA Help <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   FW: st: Identify a Panel Structure with Incoherent ID and NAME Variable
Date   Sat, 27 Aug 2011 16:42:30 +0000

Thank you very much, Prof Picard. You code works very well for most of my observations. You are right. "General Motors Stillwater" cannot match with any due to the name and ID. In the dataset, I also have other identity information available, but not that complete, I can use it to match firm with unique name and ID.

Xi Tian