Re: st: command stata

From   Steven Samuels <sjsamuels@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: command stata
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:32:33 -0400

> Donsaane

This is a good opportunity for you to learn how to use Stata's -help-.  Type "help egen" and go down the page till you find group.  You will see it shows "group(varlist)" with a link from "varlist".  Go to the link and you will see  examples of what a "varlist" should look like.

When you have a question about a command in Stata, always try the -help- first. There are always examples at the bottom of the page.  If you don't find what you need or don't understand something, be sure to say what -help- topics you've looked at when you write to Statalist. An alternative command to -help- if you don't know the command name is to search for your topic (under the Help Menu).  If you are connected to the internet, check "Search All" for the widest search.

Steve