st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:34:18 -0400

Hi All,

I would like to place 2 textboxes on the x-axis of a graph (one to the right
and one to left of the center point 0 where the xlabel would go) that says
"benefits treatment" and "benefits controls" (as you'd see in a forest

It is easy to do this using the graph editor, but I cannot figure out to do
it via the command line. I've tried:

graph......,  caption("favors treatment", ring(1) placement(sw))
caption("favors control", ring(1) placement(se))

which of course ignores the "treatment" and places only the "control"

I looked through the manual [g] but that suggested using text(Y coord X
coord "text..."). This is not very intuitive, nor does it place the text by
the x-axis label.

I am using v11.2.

I hope this is sufficient information to get some help...