Re: st: Problem with Recognizing User Written Programs

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Problem with Recognizing User Written Programs
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:55:57 +0100

You posted this before and got no replies, which usually means that
people don't recognise the problem or have enough information to
answer helpfully.

My own guess is that if something really had happened in Stata 11 it
would have been spotted by now as many people do something like this.
But I recommend discussing your problem with Stata technical support.
I guess one key is exactly how you install user-written software as
it's my understanding that only installations that use -net- directly
or indirectly will be recognised by (e.g.) -ado-. I doubt that copying
files otherwise would show up. Also, if you installed packages while
using Stata 11 I doubt that upgrading to Stata 12 will entail
inheriting that information from your Stata 11 files. These are
(slightly informed) guesses and especially open to correction.

Nick