st: -lstrfun- updated and now -mdesc- (missing describe) is updated and available on the SSC

From   Dan Blanchette <dan_blanchette@unc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: -lstrfun- updated and now -mdesc- (missing describe) is updated and available on the SSC
Date   Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

Thanks to Nick Cox I found out that starting in Stata 9 Mata is allowed to use the regular expression string functions so I have made it so that -lstrfun-
will allow Stata 9 and Stata 10 users to use the regular expression functions.

Also, I have become a co-author of -mdesc- which stands for "missing describe"
which was authored by Rose Anne Medeiros when she was at UCLA.  If you downloaded
it from the UCLA site, you should update it now through the SSC because I have
made the output look nicer and added a few options that make -mdesc- stronger.
You can use it to find out what observations in your dataset have missing values
for a variable, or a list of variables, or all or any variables in your data.
It now also returns macros. One has the names of the variables that have no missing
values and another one has variables that have at least one missing value.

This is the SSC help webpage for -mdesc-:
 http://repec.org/bocode/m/mdesc.html

Let me know if you have any Qs.

Best,
Dan Blanchette