st: robust poisson regression vs. glm with log link

From   "Dimitriy V. Masterov" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: robust poisson regression vs. glm with log link
Date   Tue, 23 Aug 2011 14:03:25 -0400

William Gould has a new post on the NEC blog about how Poisson
regression with vce(robust) is a better alternative to log-linear

I can't seem to comment there, so I hope I can post my questions here
to get some insight. First, how does the robust Poisson model perform
relative to glm with a log link function? Are there ways to get the
elasticities from the poisson and/or glm coefficients?