st: foreach command

From   Megan Osterbur <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: foreach command
Date   Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:58:24 -0500

I am having a problem with the foreach command in stata10. It was not
working with my own dataset so I attempted to use the example from
Cleves et al An Inroduction to Survival Analysis Using Stata 2nd ed
and the example does not work either.

If you are unfamiliar, this example uses the hip fracture study
available from stata press.

Here are the results from the example:

 use http://www.stata-press.com/data/cggm/hip2
(hip fracture study)

. foreach model in exponential weibull gompertz lognormal loglogisitc gamma {
  2. quietly streg age protect, dist('model') noconstant
  3. estimates store 'model'
  4. }
unknown distribution: 'model'
r(198);

I get the same results with my own data:

 foreach model in exponential weibull gompertz lognormal loglogistic gamma{
  2. streg federalist al_religion fe_cultdiv fe_etfra m_wominpar
van_urban europcon e