st: Margins after xtreg, fe

From   natasha agarwal <>
Subject   st: Margins after xtreg, fe
Date   Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:33:35 +0100

Dear All,

I am estimating the following model

xtreg lnrval lnk lnw lnvfdi efd fdi*efd y14-y18, fe vce(robust)

(efd drops out of the estimation as it is time-invariant)

And then I want to estimate the elasticity at the median of efd. So I estimate

 margins, eyex(lnvfdi) at((median) efd)

I get the following result

Average marginal effects                          Number of obs   =      38573
Model VCE    : Robust

Expression   : Linear prediction, predict()
ey/ex w.r.t. : lnvfdi
at           : efd             =       .2371 (median)

             |            Delta-method
             |      ey/ex   Std. Err.      z    P>|z|     [95% Conf. Interval]
      lnvfdi |  (not estimable)

Can someone please explain me why do I get such an output?

Many thanks