st: Gestures in Stata 12 for Mac

From   Glenn Hoetker <Glenn.Hoetker@asu.edu>
Subject   st: Gestures in Stata 12 for Mac
Date   Mon, 22 Aug 2011 08:58:13 -0700

I was intrigued to see "Enable gestures" as an option in the preferences for Stata 12 on the Mac (running Lion, if it matters).  Unfortunately, I can't find any documentation on it and can't figure it out.  I'm hoping someone else has had better luck than my experimentation.   Specifically,

1. It says "Swipe".  Swipe with how many fingers?  Important, since mulittouch gestures rely on a specific number of fingers being used.

2. One option for a gesture is "Go back" or "Go forward".  Totally thrown.  To what context does this refer?  Just the viewer (where I couldn't get it to work)?  Something else?

3. Another option set is "Select next (previous) view".  What is a "View" in Stata?  I've not encountered the term before.

I think this is probably a great feature, but it desperately needs proper documentation.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Glenn

Glenn Hoetker
Dean's Council Distinguished Scholar and Associate Professor
Department of Management, W.P. Carey School of Business
Arizona State University

http://hoetker.faculty.asu.edu
Glenn.Hoetker@asu.edu<mailto:Glenn.Hoetker@asu.edu>
Tel: 480-965-4566