st: Matrix zeros and ones

From   "Tribin Uribe, Ana" <>
Subject   st: Matrix zeros and ones
Date   Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:59:58 +0200

I have  data  about  letters that have been sign by a group of people

Letter   signatures

Letter1 Friend1

Letter2 Friend2 Friend3 Friend4 Friend5

Letter3 Friend4

I want to create with this information  a matrix with zeros and ones,
like this one using information above

Letter Friend1  Friend2  Friend3 Friend4 Friend5

Letter1 1 0 0 0 0

Letter2  0 1 1 1 1

Letter3  0 0 0 1 0

I have been thinking a lot  on how to solve this problem , but I
havent been able to do it, so any guidance would be great.
Thank you very much in advance,