Re: st: sampsi

From   "Eurich, Dean" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: sampsi
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:09:37 -0600

Hi Phil,

Sorry for the confusion. We are not really interested in the longitudinal
changes over the longer term (I.e., 5 years). What we want to do do is
basically - Does very short term changes in brain function at time of
diagnosis (I.e., 8 weeks) predict 5 yr mortality.  So in a sense the 8
week change score a "baseline value". We are not interested if the
patients continue to decline or not.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Dean