Re: st: What's new in v12 file format? [was: stattransfer]

Subject   Re: st: What's new in v12 file format? [was: stattransfer]
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2011 14:29:29 -0500

It has been suggested before that the last update to a version of Stata should include the ability to read/convert files from the new version. StataCorps has replied by saying this is much more difficult than it sounds. But, if this is the extent of the changes, maybe it can be done in this case. Lack of file compatibility across versions is a pain, especially when the gains from a new format seem pretty minor.