st: Built-in knot selection for splines?

From   Tatyana Deryugina <>
Subject   st: Built-in knot selection for splines?
Date   Fri, 19 Aug 2011 09:32:55 -0500

Is there a built-in command in Stata to implement nonlinear
optimization for spline placement? I'm using a simple linear spline
with two knots in a linear regression and need to compute the optimal
knot placement. I know that knot placement is typically very
important, but I need to do this to replicate someone else's work.

Thank you!

Tatyana Deryugina

Lecturer, Department of Finance
(925) 349 - 8999 (cell)