Re: st: -rqdeco- and -cdeco- help

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: -rqdeco- and -cdeco- help
Date   Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:23:17 -0400

You can do several things:

* Reduce the number of quantiles estimated. The default is 100, you
can use 50, or 10.
* Reduce the number of bootstrap replications
* Type -set matafavor speed-
* Run two sets of the bootstrap in parallel sessions. This is a little
involved, and I have not tried with bootstrapping myself, but I think
you can adapt the guidelines here:

to run your bootstrap replications in several sets, and then merge
them back. I have tried the example with multiple imputation  posted
in that website and I obtain speed improvements against running the
whole imputation in just one session of Stata. Have not tried with
bootstrapping, but it should work the same way.

I can provide some more guidelines if you want to try the last method,
but my advice would be to try the other suggestions first.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez