Re: st: tobit model in a percentage range

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tobit model in a percentage range
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:34:09 +0200

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Maarten Buis wrote:
> The relative proportion  is the number of euros/grams/units
> in one category per euros/grams/units in the rest.

This should have been:

The relative proportion  is the number of euros/grams/units in one
category per euro/gram/unit (i.e. singular rather than plural) in the
rest.

The similarity with the odds may be clearer when applying them to
concrete examples:

If we are studying the proportion of a city's budget spent on its own
organization, than the relative proportion would be the expected
number of euros spent on organization per euro spent on other things.

If we are studying the probability of union membership, than the odds
would be the expected number of union members per person who is not an
union member.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis