st: biprobit with endogenous regresor and marginal effects

From   Lina C <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: biprobit with endogenous regresor and marginal effects
Date   Wed, 17 Aug 2011 08:50:25 +0100

Hello,

I'm estimating a bivariate probit model with an endogenous regressor
(that is instrumented). I have been following the threat (see below)
where it is suggested to calculate manually the marginal effects given
that -mfx neither -margins would work to estimate the marginal
effects.

Y1 = Y2 X
Y2 = Z X

I have two questions:
1. I have calculated the marginal effects as proposed below. However,
they have a different sign to the original coefficient of the
biprobit. I was wondering if this could happen or if there has been
some improvement to calculate the marginal effects in those cases in
Stata.

2. Is it common for the standard errors using the iprobit to be large
in comparison to running a 2SLS with 2 binary outcomes?

Thank you.

Lina.